Movers for Cats Tour

metti

So I went to see the Broadway Across America tour of Cats and I was checking out the movers that they had placed on the corners of the stage deck. I can tell that they're Martins because of the plastic styling on the yoke and they didn't have the design of a Mac250 Entour. They also looked to small to be a Mac2k but I could be off on that one. Anyway, does anyone familiar with the rig know if they were Mac700s or Mac575s (or maybe Mac2000s)? Thanks in advance.

Its a show that does not really need the quietest fixtures in the world. With the number of fans that are going backstage to keep the set inflated you don't even here the dimmer beach or any movers running.

The last time they were in my building they almost left one of the set overlays behind. They were outside closing the doors, I walked in to lock up and saw it in the arena seating. Would have made for an interesting show the next day.

FWIW last time I worked the show it was what Footer said--Mac 2k's...hasn't changed at all last I heard.

-w

Kyle

We had this tour in May of '06. Were you with them then ?.

That show was the first of the Sunday at 3 (load-in at 5), big friggin Broadway musicals that we've done at least once a year since. Shows with 4 or 5 x 53ft'rs of stuff that just doesn't fit. The inflatable Cats actually was the easiest. Hairspray the worst. Sigh

Steve Bailey
Brooklyn College

Speaking of fan noise. Just saw Spring Awakening and it had a ton of fan noise.

Mike

Kyle

That show was the first of the Sunday at 3 (load-in at 5), big friggin Broadway musicals that we've done at least once a year since. Shows with 4 or 5 x 53ft'rs of stuff that just doesn't fit. The inflatable Cats actually was the easiest. Hairspray the worst. Sigh

Steve Bailey
Brooklyn College
Ha. Wish. Still in college then. Worked local crew for an in/out in Bloomington IL.

They were 2ks when I worked them in Feb (ish) '06. I'm actually local crew for them next week, so I'll make a mental note and report back. ;)

Its a show that does not really need the quietest fixtures in the world. With the number of fans that are going backstage to keep the set inflated you don't even here the dimmer beach or any movers running.

I love that inflatable set...its just brilliant... :)

-w

Kyle

Steve Bailey
Brooklyn College

When did you do Hairspray? I did them right of the blocks, second show for them, first areana date. I did them in Salisbury and supplied all their trusses and motors, plus travelers. I did them also in Trenton,NJ a week later. It was one of the slower shows to set up but it was more due to lighting than set. They were having DMX issues.

When did you do Hairspray? I did them right of the blocks, second show for them, first areana date. I did them in Salisbury and supplied all their trusses and motors, plus travelers. I did them also in Trenton,NJ a week later. It was one of the slower shows to set up but it was more due to lighting than set. They were having DMX issues.

They were at our space this past Jan. 24.

3PM show, 5AM load-in. They were in Long Island at Tilles Center the night before, got done with load-out at 3AM, hopped on the bus, drove to Brooklyn on maybe an 1-1/2 hrs. sleep, loaded in, did a show, loaded out till 10PM and were on their way to Penn.

They had a crappy schedule as well as having the Nat'l Tour set, sound and lighting package, designed for one day in's but staying a week. Their schedule was a lot of one-niter's. Not something I'd want to do, even if I were 25 again.

Steve B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back