Automated Fixtures Moving head wash suggestions

Apmccandless

The school I work for i looking to purchase 2-4 moving head wash fixtures. We have rented some in the past they were a Chinese knockoff of a Mac Aura. The lighting designer and the director both liked the performance of the lights. I am concerned about the service life of a Chinese knockoff from Hi-Lite. I am looking at a couple of options from more well known brands but I have not had a chance to work with any of these and none of the local production companies have any for rent. The two that seem to meet the photometrics and budget are the Chauvet Legend 412Z wash and the Martin Rush MH6. Has anyone used these lights? Is there a good reason to choose one over the other? Is there a light option I am missing?
Thanks,
Andrew

Don't buy the 412z, the Chauvet R2 wash is what you want. It is just about the same size as an Aura, slightly brighter, and very reliable. The Martin rush offers a little less output for slightly more money, and I think the quality of the R2 is better.

Also, the R2 wash effectivlly replaces the 412z, I would speculate that it will be discontinued once inventory runs out. The Rogue series overall, just feels more professional in build and features as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back