MPX to DMX box

uraniumkore

Hello,

I have a system with nsi 4600 dimmers connected to par 38 cans, and the board I have is a nsi midi 616. I'm trying to run the dimmers through my computer I currently have a usb to dmx converter using a rs232 chip that outputs rs485, it seems to be working and is being read by freestyler so I'm not that worried about that. the box that I have is built from this schematic http://www.snowcrest.net/engdahl/DMX.html it in an of itself seems to be working. the problem I'm encountering is that the dmx-usb doesn't seem to be providing enough power as the light on the nano isn't lighting up with the dmx plugged in but is when the mpx is plugged in. when the mpx gets plugged in the nano starts to melt. is there a way to take the Phantom power out of mpx or is there a way to have it only as an input in the dimmers without the Phantom power comming back and melting it or will this box just not work with what I want?

the snowcrest box will take DMX in and output it as MPX. It will not merge DMX and MPX.

If you haven't killed the nano I would try plugging in only the DMX source and seeing if the LED on Arduino D13 will light when DMX channel 1 is above 50%.

The nano isn't dead as far as I can tell, it just seems to be that the mpx on my dimmer is as much of an output as a input, and I don't know how to make the dmx-mpx signal just control the lights without having the Phantom power come back into the box. I don't know if that makes any sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back