Multiple Gobos, single fixture, beam splitter

Anonymous067

Hey, wondering how you go about using a beam splitter (one gobo x lots of images)...I'm not real familiar with using gobos but want to use one fixture to create the same pattern in a not specific place all over the stage.

I know Rosco makes a beam splitter, but how do you use the beam splitter and another gobo?

Rosco's beam splitter is just another gobo. If you want to project multiple images of the same gobo you need something that will split the beam like the GAM Prismo, or the City Theatrical Image Multiplexer, both of which fit in a 6 1/4" gel slot of an ERS. The GAM unit rotates.

GAM Prismo
proxy.php

City Theatrical Image Multiplexer
proxy.php

...I'm not real familiar with using gobos but want to use one fixture to create the same pattern in a not specific place all over the stage. ...
I'd rethink this. Even in moving lights, I don't find the prism all that useful, as it cuts down the intensity so much. Think about it. You have one image. Then you use a six-way multiplexer. Now each image is 1/6 as bright. Actually less, due to optical inefficiencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back