Mystery Unison "Computer" Port

Chris Chapman

So we were doing some exploring yesterday in search of runs to extend our Computer Network into our booth, when we came upon a face plate labeled "Computer." It's a 9 pin Din Connector (serial port). So we are baffled at what this mystery "Computer" port is and we take the face plate off the wall to see if it is indded attached to anything.

On the back side there is a control bundle with a couple of IC's that runs off into our Lighting Network runs. It has a Unison Label on the back, but the part number, and serial numbers are blank.

My question is this: What mystery component of a Unison System is this? It's not in any of my Unison Docs from ETC. I'm assuming this is a port for a computer to access the Unison System, but I don't have a port like it on my Rack Side. Anyone?

Answer from my ETC rep: That is the Controller Setup Port. It was used "back in the day" for Unison Install. It too, has been discontinued by ETC. Service Reps now just swap disks from laptops to the old Unison Controllers that don't have USB or an EtherNet port (If Paradigm/Unison even has that kind of support) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back