New around here

mcphoto

Hi all - been lurking here for some time, and I've come to appreciate the civility & helpfulness at CB... truly a great resource and hat's off to all the regulars that offer such detailed answers.

Me, I've been a still shooter for 15 years or so (after decades of art directing). Started reading cinematography magazines a decade-plus back and switching from strobe to tungsten for fashion & product - back in the film days, there was nothing as beautiful as pushed tungsten film. I do mourn the loss of so many tremendous film stocks - I've got one last roll of 320t in the fridge...

Anyway, what a surprise to find I'm now shooting 1080p video on the same gear I shoot stills with... video that looks like I swiped a Panavision rig no less. AND I've got the horsepower to edit that stuff. And a whole lotta lights.

I Predict: we're not far off from a new "golden age" of cinema - there are kids who will have 4 or 5 feature length films under their belts by the time they hit college. They'll understand - to some extent - pacing, editing, music, lighting. They're getting beautiful, cinematic shots with Nikon d5000's and Canon Rebels.

So, be nice to them when they come here asking questions! You folks know fixtures, lamps, etc better than anyone. Thanks - MC

Last edited:
Welcome MC! Glad to hear we have been of assistance to you already. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and introduce yourself. Enjoy CB!

~Dave

Yep, there was actually someone who knew the correct parts for some really old lights... huge help, I was about to buy 8 different parts & do the "let's see what fits" thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back