New Intercoms

Hi,
We just bought some new wireless intercoms for my HS's auditorium. Unfortunately at the moment I'm not sure of the brand. I will find out and post here. I do know that there are no ports on the entire system save for power.
We also got a used wired PortaCom system from NESCom in Bangor Maine (they were selling them).

Is there a way to put these systems together so they can be used at the same time?

Thanks

If there is no port on your wireless coms then common sense would tell me that the answer is no, however without any additional details the question is a hard one to answer.

Depends on what wireless unit you got. If it is the type with beltpacks only like Anchor Audio or Eartec, you might be able to. If it is the master station type from Clearcom/HME then yes.
If it is the Anchor audio set, then you can add a WingMan500 interface.
Here is the pdf users manual for the Anchor units:
http://www.anchoraudiohome.com/manuals/prolink500_manual.pdf
Here is a video of setting it up:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A quick search had the price of the WingMan 500 at about $400.
Anchor Audio Portable Sound Systems - ProLink :: Anchor Audio WingMan Inrerface WM-500

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is critical to know the brand and models involved. Another consideration may be what is envisioned by "...so they can be used at the same time" as some systems may be able to work together but not necessarily with all features. For example, it may be fairly easy to merge audio for two systems but more complicated to share signaling functionality. And it appears in the linked video that the WingMan 500 can interface to two channel wired and wireless systems, however it apparently supports just one channel of cross connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back