New member and loving it!

emorrisey

Hello everyone,
My name is Emily, I have been doing theater for over 4 years now and I am hooked. I love to dabble in all of the many various aspects of technical theater but most people know me as a Stage Manager. I am currently in high school and looking into colleges where I can get a BFA in technical theater or theater education. Theater is my life, I have not only worked in community theaters and in my high school but I have had the opportunity to work with professional companies such as Shakespeare In Delaware Park, which is the second largest free Shakespeare festival in the country! I love to learn, and technical theater is such an unknown "dark art" that I desire to also teach the fascinating skills of being a techie!

Hey Emilly welcome to the Control Booth! I implore you to check out the wiki and search function. What grade, are you in. I'm a sophomore so I haven't given college a ton of thought yet. It's good to have you here.

PS. I love how you used the phrase "dark art" and have never heard it in that context, I'll be quoting that for sure.

Im currently Junior. Thanks for advice. I haven't had much time on controlbooth yet, but I am planning to explore more the site tonight! :grin:

Im currently Junior. Thanks for advice. I haven't had much time on controlbooth yet, but I am planning to explore more the site tonight! :grin:

Emily, the 'Booth is your oyster. Crack it as needed for those pearls of wisdom and enjoy your interaction, Lord knows there are many personalities represented here. (Isn't that right, Footer?)

Welcome to the ControlBooth Emily, it's great to hear your passion for the craft!

Thank you for the encouragement!

P.S. I am a hugeee fan of Apollo Design and all of the wonders they offer in lighting! :p

Thanks for the kind words Emily. Our hope is to support your efforts designing/producing great programs and pushing the envelope for tomorrow's cool lighting products. Please let me know your ideas for a better mousetrap, in case you've ever said "I wish I had a ____ "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back