New Playback Hardware

Schniapereli

So, the usual place where my high school gets their minus tracks has switched from using DVD audio. I always hated their DVD's because the playback was terrible. They have very impressive orchestration, but I didn't think there could be anything worse to play it on. Now it seems they are trying to prove me wrong.

They are now using what they call a "Professional Audio Player" which is supposedly a piece of equipment that closely resembles a DVD player, but "Is easier to navigate". I have tried to google it, but to no avail.

Anyone ever heard of it? I am really sceptimistic about this... sounds like it is going to be a load of doggy doodoo. They have had really bad customer service in the past, and I really don't trust their judgement on this, but I am willing to see what they have to offer.

(I asked if they make exceptions for people who want to use show control, but they told me no. (Even though I have spoken to many theatres who use the same company, and get the music on show control.) The person I talked to also didn't even know what SFX was either. Just the reasurrance I needed. I am at the end of my patience...)

Also, does anyone have any minus track companies that they would like to recommend? The director and I would really like to see if there is another source with the same quality of orchestration, but better playback and cooperation.

I've heard of a product called "OrcheXtra" referred by MTIPit ... their software will supposedly provide for tempo change with constant pitch as a dynamic control. Not that a conductor playing music tracks needs that though (ours didn't and is was a very highly accomplished conductor/composer/musician in the industry).

-- John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back