New to Control Booth

Hello everyone,

I have been stage-managing for 5 years. However, I have been involved with theatre, either onstage or backstage for 30 years. I went back to school to finish my degree at the age of 45 and obtained my BFA in Theatre Design Technology/Stage Management. I am now seeking gigs and pursuing grad school. (I know...a graduate degree is not "necessary" but an MFA is personal achievement goal for me.)

In the five years that i have been stage-managing, I have stage-managed theatre, musical theatre and opera. My main passions in the theatre realm are opera, LGBT theatre and new works. Probably my biggest drive in stage management is "what is the best for the production." When it comes down to it, it is never the names attached to the project that are important. (They're just a marketing ploy for the most part.) It is what needs to be done to ensure that the message of the playwright communicated through the combined concept of the director and design team remains true.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. Feel free to ask if you want to know more.

Attachments

• Resume (JSH).pdf
    140.2 KB · Views: 0
Welcome to Control Booth! Im sure you've already discovered what a wealth of knowledge, experience and advice this place is and can be.

"Whats best for the production" is a great motto to have, I'd say. Personal Politics and Drama have no place "off the stage" in my eyes, and unfortunately they do run rather strong with some groups.

Anyways I hope you enjoy it here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back