Microphones No response Countryman support.

Jon in MA

In mid-November I followed instructions on the Countryman website and returned an H6 headset mic for evaluation and/or repair. I have heard nothing since then. The USPS tracking slip said the unit was delivered. I have e-mailed a couple times, but have heard nothing back. I tried calling their support phone but got some marketing outfit trying to determine if I was "qualified" to receive some freebie giveaway. I like their products, but if this is what Countryman service is like, I will have nothing further to do with them. Any suggestions? Tips?

In mid-November I followed instructions on the Countryman website and returned an H6 headset mic for evaluation and/or repair. I have heard nothing since then. The USPS tracking slip said the unit was delivered. I have e-mailed a couple times, but have heard nothing back. I tried calling their support phone but got some marketing outfit trying to determine if I was "qualified" to receive some freebie giveaway. I like their products, but if this is what Countryman service is like, I will have nothing further to do with them. Any suggestions? Tips?
That has not been my experience but the last time is sent products for service, about the time I wanted to call I got an email with a tracking number, my FET 85 DIs were on there way back to me. I went so far as to have near-by friend drive by their place and check for signs of life.

I know they're waaaay understaffed in service and have been since 2021. So is Whirlwind and a couple other long-term vendors; we've had some Whirlwind product on order for almost a year.

My guess is your H6 will be home in January. Keep in mind we've had 2 major holidays with another 2 coming up.

Hi Jon -- if you need someone to bang on their door, I live a couple exits up the 101 from them in Redwood City ... I could always check to make sure the business is still alive and well ... ;)

Hmm, I just called their 800 number and got somebody from Countryman. They have a local phone number too.

Thanks guys. I just got an e-mail from them last Friday (3/1) with an estimate and asking me to call them to authorize repair. I used the 800 number supplied and got eright through. I guess they're kinda backed up. Of course, I don't have my H6 back yet, but now I know they are still in business and did receive my repair request!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back