Not all China products are the same!

Agreed upon all, as a country China is in the works for a government turning into something none of us can estimate in the future. As a producer, they produce a product asked for. Heck, even tonight I was wire wheeling and grinding away the rough castings on some 3/8" NPT strain reliefs direct from Altman. Any wonders where such things were made? Drives me crazy that they would accept such a crap product, yet I still buy it - it's economical even if just a strain relief with really rough casting to it.

My point about China was that no matter if the Western Industrial Revolution, or Japan's own revolution, it takes time to learn. In the case of China it is in question by way of government and by way of producing products for clients other than domestic to them. At this point, there is not much design coming out of China or India and other similar second world places. It's more major companies using what's available on the cheap.

I see this as a cross roads and mid point. Such countries are learning, employees are even if not given say two months off such as in France in becoming so much of experts or masters they have made themselves useless.. China, companies there and in general the population in being no different than any other pepole is or are still learning to master their trade for the economic conditions and market to which they live.

I see lots of potential in China, and a dying Europe and even US marketplace for producting goods. Doesn't matter who is thinking up a design, if the employees are fighting becoming second class, verses those in china fighting to become second class, somebody is going to loose and that's economics based. Once the employees become second class and or middle income and stable, I theorize that one will see the rise of their upper income managers and designers in taking over markets and managing what used to be chep crap companies into the leading edge for the next generations of gear.

That's at least what I see. Say 15 or 20 years from now and by now, China will have that innovation with their own domestic gear.

Agreed upon all, as a country China is in the works for a government turning into something none of us can estimate in the future. As a producer, they produce a product asked for. Heck, even tonight I was wire wheeling and grinding away the rough castings on some 3/8" NPT strain reliefs direct from Altman. Any wonders where such things were made? Drives me crazy that they would accept such a crap product, yet I still buy it - it's economical even if just a strain relief with really rough casting to it.
My point about China was that no matter if the Western Industrial Revolution, or Japan's own revolution, it takes time to learn. In the case of China it is in question by way of government and by way of producing products for clients other than domestic to them. At this point, there is not much design coming out of China or India and other similar second world places. It's more major companies using what's available on the cheap.
I see this as a cross roads and mid point. Such countries are learning, employees are even if not given say two months off such as in France in becoming so much of experts or masters they have made themselves useless.. China, companies there and in general the population in being no different than any other pepole is or are still learning to master their trade for the economic conditions and market to which they live.
I see lots of potential in China, and a dying Europe and even US marketplace for producting goods. Doesn't matter who is thinking up a design, if the employees are fighting becoming second class, verses those in china fighting to become second class, somebody is going to loose and that's economics based. Once the employees become second class and or middle income and stable, I theorize that one will see the rise of their upper income managers and designers in taking over markets and managing what used to be chep crap companies into the leading edge for the next generations of gear.
That's at least what I see. Say 15 or 20 years from now and by now, China will have that innovation with their own domestic gear.

For now, China is producing exactly what the world is asking for. Cheap crap at bargain prices. As long as we have a Wal-Mart mentality about quality vs price, China will be there to provide us crap at bargain prices. You can't blame them, they are satisfying a market need. Why should they raise their standards? That's not why we have things made there.

For now, China is producing exactly what the world is asking for. Cheap crap at bargain prices. As long as we have a Wal-Mart mentality about quality vs price, China will be there to provide us crap at bargain prices. You can't blame them, they are satisfying a market need. Why should they raise their standards? That's not why we have things made there.

Stumbled upon some chinese cars on youtube. My god, if I ever go to China, I'm walking.

For comparison, the first video you'll see is a pretty run-of-the-mill crash test on a common US car.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2UaB66f0cSE

These next to videos make me wonder why you'd even bother putting in airbags and seat-belts in these cars. Note that in both these videos, the head gets hit by the dash anyways, what's the point of the airbags then?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f7Ts94rjr4M

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F06LjugtIUo

If you ever get to China you can't drive anyway. Only Chinese citizens and accredited diplomatic service guys attached to embassys are allowed to have licenses unless the laws have changed recently.

If you ever get to China you can't drive anyway. Only Chinese citizens and accredited diplomatic service guys attached to embassys are allowed to have licenses unless the laws have changed recently.

Actually I meant "I'll walk", as opposed to taking a taxi, or in anyway getting into a consumer car.

I can't even drive in the states, yet. (Driver's test in 6 weeks though.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back