Ohio University practices safety!

ruinexplorer

Sherpa
CB Mods
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
This makes me glad that industrial rescue is making inroads to education. Still have a ton of questions about it though. Anyone know if they are training this on a regular basis, or if it's a once-a-year thing? Is it rope access? Yeah, I do sit around and think about this stuff. Who wants to party with me? :cool:

It might be noted that the venue in question, being a thrust stage, has not a traditional grid, but catwalks at 18'-20' above deck.
The Forum Theater is a deep thrust space with seating for 275. While its primary use is as a 3/4 thrust stage, it is also capable of conversion to an arena stage. Its lighting and sound systems are comparable to those in the Baker Theater.
After thirty plus years, I still have nightmares of attending one half of a production (left at intermission) of Peter Pan, where Tinkerbell was played by a four year-old girl with glitter in her hair. Thankfully there were no flying effects.

It might be noted that the venue in question, being a thrust stage, has not a traditional grid, but catwalks at 18'-20' above deck.

After thirty plus years, I still have nightmares of attending one half of a production (left at intermission) of Peter Pan, where Tinkerbell was played by a four year-old girl with glitter in her hair. Thankfully there were no flying effects.

Oh boy, catwalks present a whole new set of problems and/or options depending on the position of the casualty and the gear on hand. Railing and edge negotiation alone could up the difficulty significantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back