Oliver (help a kid out)

It seems like you have very little to work with and a small budget. even so, you can still do a lot.

with what you have you can do 2 washs. a hot and a cold. amber (gold) as your hot and your blues for your cold. when aiming those lights you want to make sure that they are all even and you dont have any hot spots.

with the blues and ambers you can:
-have a higher intensity on the blues creating a night time wash look
-have a higher intensity on the ambers creating a day time wash.
-then mix and match your cyc lights to correspond with the scene

Thanks guys, any other tips? I have [-]got[/-] 2 more source[-]s[/-] fours to hang and 1 more par can.

I have the following tips for you (which are ment to help you, not to criticize you):

1. Put a period at the end of each sentence that isn't a question.

2. Capitalize the first letter of the first word in each sentence.

3. Capitalize 'I' when using it as a pronoun to refer to yourself. For example: "I went to the store," instead of "i went to the store."

4. Learn the proper names for your equipment (e.g. Source Four). And, yes, I realize you're 14 and still learning. ;)

Little things like this may seem unnecessary or stupid now, but they will be very important in a few years (like in your resume when you're looking for a job). If you don't get in the habit of writing properly now, you won't do it then.

Last edited:
I have the following tips for you (which are ment to help you, not to criticize you):

3. Capitalize 'I' when using it as a pronoun to refer to yourself. For example: "I went to the store," instead of "i went to the store."

4. Learn the proper names for your equipment (e.g. Source Four). And, yes, I realize you're 14 and still learning. ;)

Little things like this may seem unnecessary or stupid now, but they will be very important in a few years (like in your resume when you're looking for a job). If you don't get in the habit of writing properly now, you won't do it then.

In addition, it makes it easier to figure out how we can help. Anyhow, with your extra Source 4s, you might consider a gobo wash from either the front or the pipe ends on the end of a batten. You might also choose to use them as specials, singling out some particular area of the stage with a different color. However, you might choose to use your Studio spots for either of the above situations. What kind of space are you dealing with? What kind of set? you might need those extra lights for set washes or something. Maybe make a list of things you need to do, and then what you want to do with the light, or make a series of sketches, one per each scene, of how your thinking the light might work. That can help you figure out where you want things to be located/colors that you might want to use.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not to be picky, but when correcting someone about grammar and spelling, it's generally a good idea to use correct grammar. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fixed it, Mr. Smarty Pants. :mrgreen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back