Omega bracket adaptors ....

Hey all.

Wondering if anyone knows of any adaptors to use Omega brackets on a light that doesn't come from the factory that way.

Specifically, I've got a few Chauvet Itimidator Spot Duo 155s that I either mount on truss or slide over a light stand below a bar of PAR lights. The light won't slide over the light stand with the hanging bracket attached. With the Omega style bracket, I could add or remove the bracket in a few seconds (not that the current braket takes that long). Just curious. I did a quick internet search and I might have found something. Just thought I'd ask the knowledgeable people here.

Thanks!

Joel

Last edited:
It looks like they have a industry standard 1/2" hole in the bracket for attaching your clamp of choice, which you should then use to attach to whatever you're rigging from. I'm unclear what you are looking for?

I'm looking for a way to attach an Omega bracket (which attaches to a light with 1/4 turn thumb screws, as opposed to threading in bolts and tightening with a wrench) to a light that doesn't come from the factory ready to accept the Omega bracket.

Maybe I'm not explaining it very well.

Morning Dan,

It does fit in the case with the bracket attached. The problem is this:

1 - The Spot Duo is a dual, moving head light with a large mounting hole in the middle for sliding over light stands. Which I do sometimes, depending on the setup for a show.
2 - The Spot Duo also comes with a bracket for attaching clamps and hanging the light from trussing. Which I also do occasionally.

The problem (and it's not that big of an issue) is: the clamp bracket attaches on either side of the big, light stand hole. Thus covering the big hole. With the clamp bracket attached, I can't use the Spot Duo on a light stand. So I get out the wrench and take out the 2 bolts used to attach the clamp bracket to the Spot Duo.

Like I said, it's not a huge issue. I'm mostly curious if anyone here had adapted an Omega style mounting bracket to a light that wasn't made, from the factory, to fit one.

Best, Joel

Sounds like you're more interested in the quarter-turn "cam-lock" Fast-Lock fasteners than the omega bracket itself. I don't know that I've ever seen these where the socket wasn't built into the luminaire, but maybe googling the above terms will lead somewhere useful.

Derek,
That pretty much sums it up: I'm interested in a faster way to attach a clamp bracket to a light. Actually four lighting fixtures.
From my research so far, it's not looking likely. If I wanted to open and possibly butcher my lights, I might be able to make something work, but it's not worth it to me. Besides the fact that they're still under warranty!
Thank you guys for your input. I think I'd be better off just leaving well enough along. If I discover something that works at a future time, I'll stop back and let you all know.
Thanks again!
Joel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back