On the cusp

Hi all,
Glad to find somewhere i can talk tech without completely bamboozling everyone with my questions.

About Me:
After finishing high school, i have taken a year off to work before i go to university next year. I've spent the majority of the year working on many productions to further my involvement in the technical theatre industry.
I am the sole technician at a small, but very well equipped private school theatre, where i find myself faced with new challenges all the time. (Many staff believe that they can run an audio, lighting and video system).
Hence, much of my time is spend fixing said audio system. This includes various EQ's for FOH, fill and inserts, and resetting all my pots after someone decided it would be fun to make pretty patterns all over them.
Students also find themselves launched into lighting work

While primarily dealing with lighting, i often find myself faced with the proposition of some of the strangest audio requests; and of course, being a school, everything is expected to be ready for rehearsal at 8:30am. Helpful!

After working alone for the majority of the year it is fantastic to have the opportunity to chat with like minded people and hopefully learn more about this incredible industry along the way.

Well, welcome to CB, feel free to pick our collective brains and offer up any insights that you may have. We have lots of interesting info up on the site already, the search feature makes it easy to find what you may be looking for. Also, our glossary is growing daily and is another very valuable resource. Glad to have you onboard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back