Opinions Needed.... Solaris?

NewRecourse

Hello to the Control booth world!!!

As I continue my search to buy some used moving fixtures, I've come across the Solaris Network. I've actually been flouncing on their website for some time now - and figured that since I'm getting geared up to buy some used moving fixtures (Vari-Lites, to be exact) - I wanted to see what the opinion of the Solaris Network was. It's a big purchase I'd be making, and wanted to see if anyone had any dealings with them and if they were reputable.

I'm also willing to entertain other suggestions of buying used tour gear that has been well maintained.

Thank ya kindly...

Several years back I purchased some used fixtures through Solaris Network. One arrived DOA. Solaris was quick to get the vendor involved and did a great job of making sure everything was resolved to my satisfaction. They're a very reputable brokerage firm.

Last edited:
Hello to the Control booth world!!!

As I continue my search to buy some used moving fixtures, I've come across the Solaris Network. I've actually been flouncing on their website for some time now - and figured that since I'm getting geared up to buy some used moving fixtures (Vari-Lites, to be exact) - I wanted to see what the opinion of the Solaris Network was. It's a big purchase I'd be making, and wanted to see if anyone had any dealings with them and if they were reputable.

I'm also willing to entertain other suggestions of buying used tour gear that has been well maintained.

Thank ya kindly...
I have purchased several items, and sold a few on Solaris. Nothing but positive experiences.
In once case a seller decided to back out on a sale of DP8000's for a Hog 3, and Solaris ended up selling me new ones at their cost to make things right.

Anytime I am looking for used gear, they are my first stop.

You might also look at usedlighting.com. I've had several positive experiences buying and selling with them.

You might also look at usedlighting.com. I've had several positive experiences buying and selling with them.
I haven't tried gear source, mostly because Marcel seems snarky whenever I see him on Lightnetwork.. I know it seems silly, but thats my .02

Haven't used Solaris, but I've talked with the owner at LDI and they seem like a great company. As you see above, others have had lots of positive experiences with them.

About 5 years ago I purchased a couple items used from Gear Source. They were quick to ship and I got what I wanted. Didn't have anything go wrong with the transaction so I can't speak to how they would handle a problem with the order.

Hello! I used Solaris a year ago to buy some Chauvet SlimPar Pros and it was a good experience. The thing that scared me was their web site showed 6 new ones available. When I called and was ready to buy, the guy then told me they had only 4 new and 2 used for me, same price. I was worried about the used but I was eager and I did it. I fired them all up once I got them and all worked except 1. I called them and they walked me through tests and even got Chauvet on the line. Chauvet had me open the light and check connections! I was worried this would void some sale but in the end they took it back and sent me another. Then another broke on me. This time it fried/smoked! My light guy was there and saw it and was miffed at how it fried as it was not hooked up to anything, just power. I called them right away and they took care of replacing it.

So in the end 2 of 6 died but now all are running fine. Could be Chauvet product who knows, but the experience for me was good and Solaris took care of me!

Good luck!

Pete

Solaris, used lighting, and gear source, are all solid. I have had some experience with first-run chauvet products, and there have been some QC issues, however Chauvet has always fixed the problem, though sometimes we found the problem for them(feels like beta testing), it has been fixed in the end.

I've done business several times with Solaris. Oshine is awesome. I've had nothing but great luck and professionalism in all my dealings with them. They were exceedingly helpful when I went to list my gear to sell, helping me determine a good price that would maximize my profit, and was fair to the buyer. I have nothing but good words to say about Solaris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back