Design PAR16s/Birdies, Halogen Lamps and Netting

techietim

Hello fellow techs!

Okay, here's a slightly odd one. I'm going to be doing a little bit of static lighting for a wedding this weekend and have just found out some interesting facts so wanted to get some other opinions on this.

The rig is 4 x birdie cans each with a 50W with my lighting bars behind "headers". The bar is approx. 1-2ft above the netting and my concern is how much of a fire hazard do people feel this is?! I am well aware that halogen lamps get quite hot during operation and am just wondering if they are likely to get "that hot". Total run time could be up to 5/6hrs.

It's in a church so it's not a 'theatre set' at such. Photo of the similar netting being used below (in the roof space).
proxy.php

Please let me know if I've unwittingly omitted any details and thanks in advance for your help, even if it may be clear cut!

Thanks all, Tim :)

Should be fine I've got the same fixtures and haven't burned a hole through the green screen I've got

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Hey DuckJordan,

Sounds good, how close are your fixtures to your green screen then? Are they 50w too then? :) Thanks

50 watt and sitting about 6 inches but with it angled to do a spread. Rather than spot

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks for your help. Most GU10 halogen lamps are more of a spread than spot if I'm correct? :)
How long do you run your for at a time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back