Outboard Gear PCI Audio card

Stoldal

Yes, i know that there is a thread close to this (http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/sound/9184-choosing-usb-sound-card-device.html)
I did not want to hijack the thread, but i am looking for a PCI, or PCI express audio card, the i have about $500, or i more if i can prove more money is really needed. I am looking for something that has 4-6 balanced outs, and 4-6 inputs. It will be working with a D& B line arry system,and a M7CL series mixer from yamaha. I need the card for recording, sFx, etc.

Thanks!!

Why do you want to go PCI specifically? You want to get all the A/D converters outside the noise of the computer. You will end up with a much better product. Get a firepod or firebox and be done with it. There is no reason to go PCI anymore. It used to be Echo made the best products out there, and they were all PCI. Now prosonus has some amazing stuff, all running on firewire or USB.

Not really any more,i think fire wire is the way to go. Recording is not going to be the biggest use, tho it will be use, the biggest use is going to be playing track, Sfx, and what not from the computer.

I am looking the the PreSonis FireStudio 10 x 10, but i think that will be over kill

I am thinking about the firebox 6x10.

Really right now all am trying to do is get the best audio possible from the computer that i can, but still think ahead in to the future.

Thanks!!

M-Audio Delta 1010. A/D/A is on the outboard rack. Incredibly clean sound. You can find it used for $200-250.

I'd go with the FireStudio, or something similar. You may think it's overkill now, but down the road you might need to use every one of those ten inputs and outputs.

You might also look at MOTU's line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back