Peter Pan Set

bbentler

Heya folks. I'm looking to start working on designing a set for Peter Pan. First I'm looking to see what ideas folks have for each of the sets out there. I considered a storybook like set where the pages turn and create different portions of the set.

The major problem I have with the set of the show is there are several large pieces I want to create, a ship hull, several large rock formations, a large tree. The problem lies is that we have no backstage space. Any suggestions of hiding them onstage? I don't want it to look cheap by making them flat so they need to be dimensional. The ship hull I would like to be able to show the front of the ship and then the backside will be the wheel and several stairs leading downwards. The top platform on the ship will be around 9 feet high. Also the large tree will need to be created on the back side of the stage and will remain on there, but will need to be hidden during certain scenes. I guess, I just need to find ways of hiding large set pieces? Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back