Control/Dimming Please give directions on crossfading between scenes on Elation Scene Setter

Hello!

I have an Elation Scene Setter 24 and would like to essentially crossfade or transition between "looks" or scenes SMOOTHLY. For example, crosssfade from a scene lit only by red lights to a scene lit only by blue lights. As the red lights dim, I would like the blue lights to rise and at some point, BOTH sets of lights are on.

What happens now is I have programmed my "look" or scene into faders 13 and 14. Red lights on 13 and blue lights on 14. I must fully dim the red lights BEFORE I can raise the blue lights because two faders will not work side by side and therefore I must go dark before I see blue.

Can anyone give me steps to effectively transition between these two scenes?

The manual is ZERO help.

Thanks in advance!!

Maggie

Try pressing the "Park" button (#20 on page 3 of the manual) until the "Mix Chase" LED is lit. I use the same board for our church theater group for 2 - 3 shows a year and this happens to me about every other time I pull it out. Last time it only took me 5 minutes to remember what to do. Let me know if this helps.

Yea, have a scene setter 48 and that happened last year at a show. Head scratch, a few "wtf's" and then I realized a fat-finger maneuver had got me. Busking a live show, so for 20 seconds I had to emulate an "everything is fine" face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back