Pro video player & Preset Palette II

TheFuzzy

Hey guys, I've visited this forums numerous times to fix my problems. But now I've hit a wall.
We have show coming up this week and we're just doing the last details to get everything working. So my problem is that I have a Preset Pallette II going out from dmx -> enttect usb pro-> Mac loaded with PvPlayer.
It works... But my problem is that my lighting board sends a signal from 0-100% and Pro video player only receives 0-255. So when I send the value 1 from the console it gets rounded up to 3 in pro video player.
Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Thanks.

re: Pro video player & Preset Palette II

You're going to have to do the math to convert. The values the console is sending are actually 0 - 255. 100% = 255, 0% = 0, 50%= 127 or 128, depending on rounding.

re: Pro video player & Preset Palette II

You might be able to set a custom proportion that gives you the desired output levels.

On the older strand consoles you could enter a way to see the raw values. Give strand a ring and see if this is still there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Shouldn't be hard to repatch the output so the "Max" is DMX=100 - then you'll have 1:1 control.

Or, number your videos 3, 5, 8, 10, 13, 15...

I called this to the attention of our Palette Master, Bobby Harrell.
bharrell said:
I may not understand what you are asking but a couple of thoughts. You can always send 0-255 to any parameter. For intensity, use the period key and the command line will say Decimal, then enter the DMX value. For other values like color, you can use SHIFT and the encoder to do Fine values.

If you need to give a specific output a value, that can be done by typing S6-Output # @ . DMX ENTER.

I hope that helps.

Bobby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back