Pyrotechnic Incident in ND

Based on that story, there are so many things done wrong I can't even begin.

What's most disgusting to me is that even after the accident no one bothered to investigate (according to the story) and institute new procedures (although I'm guessing the facility/production is doing at least some of that).

Thats why in Canada you need at least one pyro LICENCE holding technician present for any show with pryo, for larger shows they need more.
The pyro licence system has made Pyro so much "safer" in Canada as it is all 100% government controlled, you need to do paperwork for any show using pryo, and you need a licence to buy pyro.
You are also required to be covered for the pyro with insurance!

So shouldn't there be a push for a national standard? A real shame that after The Station no one learns and another accident occurs. Granted, The Station was a different set of circumstances, but still. I'll bet this one was totally preventable and completely caused by the lack of knowledge of the people involved.

WOW....I'm really suprised that this state has such a lack of goverment policy in regards to pyro. I hold license in Ohio for pyrotechnics, flame effects, and arieal fireworks (yes they are all different), and here it is the same policy as has been mentioned before for Canada. You must have the proper permits filed, show proof of insurance policy, and have a licensed pyrotechnician on hand for any show, rehearsal, demonstration. It amazes me that after all of these accidents there are still people out there that think this stuff is fair game for anyone to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back