qLab Routing

If I have a Mac with qLab and DVS and Dante-Enable Self-Powered Speakers, can I route sound playback right from qLab to the speaker (i.e. not passing through the mixer).

-J

If I have a Mac with qLab and DVS and Dante-Enable Self-Powered Speakers, can I route sound playback right from qLab to the speaker (i.e. not passing through the mixer).

-J
Sure. In the mixer's Dante patch don't select the MAC as input sources. The signal will still exist on the network but the console won't be "looking" for it. You can also do this in Dante Controller, and DC is how you'll route the MAC to the monitor speakers.

Edit ps: take Audinate's Dante certification classes. I don't think they currently offer archived online instruction, but the live instruction online classes are offered in a rotating list of languages, English is still at least a couple months out (not yet announced), but I'm pretty sure there are plenty of reasonably correct Yoo Toob vids out there. Level 1 is mostly "what Dante is, is not, and intro to what it does". Level 2 deals with the practical use of Dante Controller in setting up devices and their relationships to one another. Level 3 is networking, from addressing to sub nets to vLANs, OH MY! If you've got TCP/IP networking experience this is partly redundant and partly "oh, so THATS how they do that."

Last edited:
Thanks! Just started the Dante course, trying to pair what bits and bobs I've picked up in my travels with the knowledge that the courses are offering as I'm taking them. Appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back