Question about the EntTec DMX Playback

Morte615

I am looking at using the EntTec DMX Playback unit (https://www.enttec.com/?main_menu=Products&pn=70014) to run a small show. It would only be a few lights and a fogger, the question I have for anyone that has used one before is this. Can I have a show running, send a trigger to cue the fog, and still have the show running in the background? I am thinking this is possible but I can't find any info wading through the online stuff about it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I don't know off the top of my head, not something I have had cause to try, but if you don't get a direct answer in the next day or two I can test it out for you (I have one controlling the lighting in a studio here, but they are shooting today and I am tied up tomorrow). Your other option would be to send Jeremy Kumin an email with the question. His email address is [email protected] and it is likely he will have an immediate answer for you.

Best,
John

Thanks! I will send him an e-mail and if I don't hear back I will post here and if you can test it that would be awesome! :)

Just heard back and all the switch input does is start the next show so it won't work quite as I want. He did have an idea about using an RS232 system to input a command and the team there is going to test it and see if it works. I will keep everyone informed in case something like this pops up elsewhere :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back