Question on worthiness of old analog lighting equipment

JimP0771

Hi all

As you on here know. I have posted before that my theater group had an old analog Spectrum Design and Development dimmer packs and light board. With this system there were no digital controls on the light board. When you plugged a light into the dimmer pack that is where it showed up on the board. We started having issues with that system and the dimmer packs to the point where only 1 of the 12 dimmers were working by the time we replaced the system. With that system we had 2 dimmer packs with 6 dimmers on each of the 2 packs which brought the total to 12 dimmers. This system was all stage pin. What I am wondering is would an old system like this be worth anything. I was thinking of putting it on ebay for parts only. I don't foresee anyone in this day and age using it as a main lighting system. However I could be wrong. Do people here think it makes sense to sell it for parts or is it so old it makes sense just to get rid of the system? All money we make from the system if we sell it would go to the non profit theater group that we used it for. Any advise or opinions?

Thanks

I'm not sure if dealing with E-Bay and the shipping would be worth the investment, but you could check with your nearest supplier. Think of who you would go to for parts. You may be able to get things to them, or give them your contact info in case anyone else inquires. At the very least it's a teaching tool for what may soon be legacy technology. However, stage pin systems and associated dimmers are still vastly in use in smaller and even larger venues from regional community houses to broadway. It's not gone yet, it just has a different use than it once did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back