Raising/setting scenery - would it work with simple pulleys and a counterweight?

dmuser

We would like to raise and lower a piece of scenery like the sun effect in the lion king. The theater is not equipped to to do this. I wonder if it can be done with simple ropes, some pulleys and a counterweight. Do you have any best practices? The weight of the scenery piece is not much.

proxy.php

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for your advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
This falls into if you have to ask you shouldn't be doing it. But if mods are okay with it I'm sure some one could point you to a safer alternative.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

This falls into if you have to ask you shouldn't be doing it. But if mods are okay with it I'm sure some one could point you to a safer alternative.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Yep, this falls under that category. You are on the right track however, without knowing what the structure is about the stage there is no way for us to safely guide you on how to pull this off. Call your local theatrical dealer or a local college theatre dept. to see if anyone can lend a hand in order to do this safely and correctly.

1. It can be done. Maybe not exactly like you want it to, but spot rigging can be done anywhere.

2. Get someone with expertise to help you with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back