Automated Fixtures really dumb/newbie question

I'm using some elation power spot 250s and I've got a couple that I have control over (I can move them around) but no light. Is this a lamp gone out or could it be something else? Also, my 1 power spot thats working seems REALLY dim. Do these lamps tend to dim before going completely out? I've seen some American DJ spot 250s that are WAAAAAAY brighter and more powerful than this particular fixture. Thanks in advance!

I would double check your fixture personalities first. I couldn't find a manual for the elation check the light and see if you can strike it from the menu. If yes, then check your board settings and make sure it is telling the lights to strike.

To Turn Lamp on press

Menu>Up>Up>Up(I think its 3 times.. or until you see LAMP)>Enter>Up>Enter. It'll strike the lamp, but it wont come on instantly so give it a minute or two.

As far as the lamp being dim, I have two Elation Power Spot 575s and one has a brighter lamp than the other. I cant figure out why though. So if you figure something out let me know

If you have a bright one and a dim one, you can sometimes get to the bottom of the problem by lamping them off and opening up the douser / iris and looking in the lens with a flashlight. Usually, what you will see is a distorted view of the bulb's electrodes. I can be very telling if they are different, usually indicating that the dimmer unit needs a bench focus work-over. Also, if all you see is gray, then the bulb is probably old, or you have some really dirty lenses!

Make sure the lamp has been off for awhile before you look!

I call this the "Open up and say Ahhh.." approach. Nice part is no tools are needed.

I'm using some elation power spot 250s and I've got a couple that I have control over (I can move them around) but no light. Is this a lamp gone out or could it be something else? Also, my 1 power spot thats working seems REALLY dim. Do these lamps tend to dim before going completely out? I've seen some American DJ spot 250s that are WAAAAAAY brighter and more powerful than this particular fixture. Thanks in advance!

Please contact [email protected] to get help on this if you are still in need.

Eric Loader
Director of Sales
Elation Professional

Users who are viewing this thread

Back