Recording Live Improv for archiving

jgels

Hi all,
I run a small improv theater in Boston, www.theriottheater.com
It would be very useful for me to be able to record every show that happens at the theater both for quality control purposes since I can't be at every show and because groups like to have video of their sets so that they can use it for submissions to festivals or for rehearsal purposes.

I am looking to spend less than $500 on this set up. Bear in mind, good quality video is nice but for the sake of submissions and stuff, sound quality is key so that those selecting from the video can understand what is happening.

What do you recommend. I have a lot of flexibility with where i can put mics since I have a drop ceiling in the space and the camera could maybe be mounted on our light bar? it is not a very long throwDon't really know.

Help?

I have attached a pic of the space. Doesn't look quite like that now but you get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_1026.JPG
    IMG_1026.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 226
do they use mics at all when doing improv?Im guessing not but would be nice to know. Or is there any exterior sound that needs to be captured as well?

They do not wear mics during the show. Basically 95% of the time we just want to be picking up voices.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I ideally would like to it to be something I could program to turn on at certain predetermined times and save, but that may not be a system in my price range.

is there a computer you could plug into and leave on when your gone? i know there are some really good programs that you could put a webcam feed and mics into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back