Control/Dimming remote cue playback 600 channels

meatpopsicle

On the current project I'm on there will be a scene where a motion control camera wants to take control of the desk and playback, referencing cues to the frame count of the motion control computer.

I've done SMPTE, but this will limit the playback to 30 fps and the Visual Effects Sup. doesn't believe that he can change frame rates

He doesn't generate MIDI, though we can, concievably, get that together (if I start now)

What the Supervisor is describing is that his MOCON rig generates 16 channels of DMX and he should be able to take control using some sort of DMX in.

Does anybody know of a desk that will take DMX in and control a cuelist or submaster?

I posted on the light network and Chris Merriman had the answer: The Grand Ma will accept incoming dmx channels that can be assigned to faders and executors.

I'm hoping it goes well. the current release of the Ma will accept a large number (I don't know how many yet) of DMX in to control faders, executors and macros. Because the Ma has motorized faders the incoming channels from the moco software can actually manually fade the loaded cuelist. With no timing attached to the cues, and they preloaded on faders, the camera can actually control the rate and timing of the fades.

I'll report back in middle september after the shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back