Rigging incident Adele concert

Well I can tell you that those free fall acidents with motor still attached are negligible even with a brake broken you'll see a slowish decent rather than a crash to the ground. I've noticed a lot of the motors coming out of prg no longer have the dead end attached to the motor. As a note about bag failures its fairly easy to spot a shitty bag and they don't fail too often either. Likely as it was going up the chain stacked itself and positioned to free run out of the bag 1-2' of chain out of the bag will pull the rest up and out with it. See chains run a lot during roof season on some not so watchful roof techs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite Jonathan, We don't see the Mould Effect here, since the connecting links can just about 180, however. It does show how the weight of a chain can pull the rest of the links out of a container and onto the floor.

Not quite Jonathan, We don't see the Mould Effect here, since the connecting links can just about 180, however. It does show how the weight of a chain can pull the rest of the links out of a container and onto the floor.

That second part was more my point, really. To a certain degree, chain can act like a liquid in a siphon. As long as the weight of the chain outside the bag is heavy enough to pull more chain out - and barring any knots, twists or pinches - likely as not, it'll all run out, once it starts. There's a generalized term for that kind of ongoing kinetic reaction, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back