Scroller Comparison

I was going to say have you ever looked at a dichroic color changer. They are not noisy like a color scroller and you NEVER have to replace a gel string again due to it using glass. The price isnt a whole lot more than a regular scroller but it pays off for it's self in maintenance/expendable savings. They sea changer is one that comes to mind. I jumped on the color changer wagon when Highend came out with their color merge.

Glad this thread was brought back to life, as the economic situation has caused budget restrictions within most theaters and schools. Having stated that, Apollo is currently having a record year regarding sales of Smart Color PROs and MXR color mixing scrollers. Cost matters greatly, but reliability is a determining factor when considering how best to spend the hard-earned grant and fund-raiser money.

This has been a good thread to follow, and I appreciate all those who have posted! :clap:

I read but didn't post in the thread originally. The OP wanted to add scrollers to fresnels to make his wash more efficient. Then it turned into a PAR vs fresnel discussion. While both will do the job, and I perfer fresnels for this, it is a moot point. A person has the instruments he has and if it is doing the job with a single cut of gel, then a scroller will make no difference. Now if he had asked, I want to add scrollers what instrument would you use for the wash, then great. In my theatre I use fresnels for my wash. On my multi purpose stage I was ETC PARS. The reason for the difference is that is what exists with no money to change. Both do the job but I would probably change to fresnels if I could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back