Secondary lenses for ETC color source pars

JChenault

We recently purchased some Color Source Pars with the oblong wide lens. I am noticing some weird behavior and wanted to see if anyone else has seen this or has any ideas.

For those unfamiliar with the product, it looks like a 7.5 inch gel frame with a plastic lens permanently attached.

What I expected was that the axis of the oblong would be parallel to the edge of the frame. For some of the lenses this is true, but for the majority of the lenses the axis is 10 to 45 degrees off.

I contacted my dealer who is contacting ETC but wondered if the community has run into this issue.

Thanks. I did not realize they would rotate

I've seen more than one place remove the oblong lens from the frame, it just put the round lens in the holder (it won't fall). this allows you to rotate as needed.

Yeah it'll rotate. Also side note I've been having a lot better looks with the medium or lower spreads for the lenses. A wide oval or round diffuses the light so much it just doesn't look very good. I suppose it's always about whatever the situation needs but I feel like going forward I'm going to use Mediums or narrows and then get more lights if I need more coverage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back