Show Beam

Footer

Senior Team
Senior Team
Premium Member
In a continuance of the Apple like "Just put show in front of it" line, High End has come up with the Showbeam. There is NO mention of it on their website, they slipped it out in their video podcast stream, so if you want to watch it you have be subscribe to their video podcast. There is no specs given, but it does seam to have some type of splitable prism.

Video Podcast - News & Events - High End Systems

Scott Blair of HES/Barco launched the site also this morning on the LightNetwork, just in case anyone is wondering. The interesting two-part lens reminds me of a 007 James Bond movie, where the volcano opens up to reveal a deep, sinister municipality lurking below...

http://www.highend.com/HESDirect/showbeam/

(No coincidence implied, Scott...)

Last edited:
HES isn't giving up on that goofy ring of LED's are they? I guess it looks cool, but it's oh so pointless.

We had 4 High End's ShowGuns on the l last tour I worked on. I don't dislike these fixtures at all but I think they appears to be big gadgets. The elements inside the Showguns were very limited. Once again, too much plastic for nothing.

Although there are certainly many great effects to create with these.

Ok can we talk about the "that's bad" voice at the end for a second, creepy. Ok what did I just watch oh yah another High End light that looks neat..... My thoughts, looks like it's another light that's super bright and super narrow so it is mostly pointless for a very large portion of theatrical buyers. The beam splitting business is cool, and the color changes are very snappy. It'd be great if I was the LD at Invesco Field at Mile High, but I'm not so it's neat and pretty (and you could probably cook jiffy pop with it just like the shogun) but it's existence isn't life changing to me and I don't find myself drooling over it.

ps..... creepy voice ahhahahaha

At LDI I was most interested in the effect when that lens splits and you get two beams. The effect is a lot like a set of searchlights.

As for if it's bright enough you would have to ask Kelite who spent three days in the booth across the aisle staring at it. Have the seizures subsided yet Keith?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back