Sight & Sound Lancaster Wowed!

igeek207

Hello everyone.

I currently am the programmer/busker LJ for a nightclub. On the side, I also serve at my son's church as a light tech/board op.

I have always loved everything there is to do with lighting and have always been open and grateful for any opportunity to learn.

Recently we surprised our son by taking him and his wife to see a show at the Sight & Sound Theater in Lancaster, PA. We were told the stage is impressive and the show is unlike anything you have every seen.

Well that was the understatement of the year. We were blown away. The amount of tech they use in the show is incredible. I lost count of how many Clay Paky fixtures were hanging and the choreography of lighting and set movement was out of this world.

I wanted to know if anyone out there had an "in" with the show. Perhaps someone works on the show currently or knows of someone?

We gave a lady at the gift shop that we were interested in contacting someone from production about a tour for our church techs, probably at most 15 people. They took our info and that's pretty much the last we heard from them.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

That show is on my bucket list. Have you seen all the content at youtube? I couldn't find it but there was one about there (I think yearly) strike where every fixture is taken down and serviced. The behind the scenes videos are interesting too.
Here is one.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Then this one is always fun:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sight n Sound is the ultimate stop for mega church venues IMO. They do some really cool stuff.

They had a booth at USITT. First I'd heard of them. They were giving away DVDs of Jonah, Joseph, and Noah. They are filmed in front of a live audience. They also had Samson, the newest show, but were hiding it behind the counter and only giving out to some people, like me. They had a VR headset and the phone was loaded with a 360° still of the theatre from right in front of FOH that was taken during a performance. That was pretty impressive to see. It is now on my bucket list.
The main theatre is Lancaster, with a nearly identical one in Branson. The show is built from the ground up, entirely in house. That is writing, score, set, costumes, etc. Everything. It runs for a year, then is struck and sent to Branson. It will run there for a year while a new show is built in Lancaster and a previous show is brought out of storage and run for a year. The next year, a new show debuts in Lancaster, while an old show is running in Branson. So, every two years there is a new show. Seems like a pretty cool and intense place.

Yeah, just ask somebody. That's what I did and they provided me and some of my friwnds a great backstage tour, way better than the tours they used to to charge people for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back