SmartSoft on Android tablet

Hello ControlBooth!

First I would just like to say how great this sight is, there is so much a person can learn!

This won't be useful to most, but I thought it was pretty clever... At one of the local theaters, all they have for a board is an 24/48 ETC smartfade. Its not the greatest but it does the job. I often found myself stuck doing focuses only and have to run to the booth and back to change levels; got old QUICK. I recently got an ASUS tablet and just thought how cool it would be to be able to control lights from the stage with it. They happen to have the board hooked up to a Windows XP Pro machine running SmartSoft. All i simply did was get the remote desktop viewer app PocketCloud installed on my tablet and loaded it onto the computer. I can now run SmartSoft from my tablet and use the virtual board to set levels and save looks. Instant RFU!

Not to be a buzz kill, but using VNC software to remote into show computers is not super new, people have been doing this for years. VNC is amazingly useful and there are plenty of free servers and client apps that have made our lives in theatre much easier!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back