Smoking witch broom and quick rise elevator/trap door

hamlett22

Hiya

Do you know where I can purchase a broom that smokes on command? Not a little, but a lot. Think powerful witch on entry or exit.

If one cannot be purchased, does anyone have an idea on how to make one?

Along with this question; I want to bring a witch on stage fast from a trapdoor. I'd like her to pop out of a trapdoor quickly and safely. Any ideas on how to make a 'spring loaded' or quick 'elevator' trap platform that can be lifted quickly and safely on cue? I'm assuming a trap platform/plug whilst in a lowered position under the stage would need to glide and be guided on several vertical bars up to a stage level position. The 'rider' would need to stand centered on the platform/plug and go along with the ride.

Now how I can make the platform/plug elevate quickly and safely so our witch pops out in a dramatic pose?

Thank you
Chad

http://www.theatrefx.com/moreinfo_fg90c_tiny_compact_fog_machine.html
Build this into the broom and that will help. Maybe use a regular fogger to help fill in the space and the effect to seem bigger. As for the build I would probably use some PVC pipe for the handle then some raffia or straw for the bristles.

+1! We've done stuff similar to this at our venue, you'll more than likely need a regular fogger too, to fill the space - maybe use some plastic piping to make the fog more directional.

Not sure about trap door, I steer clear of it as it is not something I do regularly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back