Soundcraft ViSi iPad App: any success?

cpf

So I'm wondering if anyone else has had any luck with the new ViSi app and their Si/Vi Soundcraft boards? I tried it on an iPad 1 and a Si Compact 32, and while it appeared to connect fine all it did was lock out the console's controls :neutral:

I downloaded the app a couple of nights ago as I am buying an SI Compact tomorrow. So I haven't connected them yet, but first impressions of the ViSi app tell me I'm not a fan. Why so limiting? I need to be able to do more than push faders and adjust graphics. Allow me access to the channel strip or it's useless.

Yeah, some of the arbitrary limitations are, well, arbitrary. I just want to be able to tweak the mix from stage level, that's all D:

My partner just called a little while ago while setting up the iPad/SI Compact. He ran into some kind of minor snag while I was on the phone with him but I got a text probably 5 minutes later saying everything worked fine. He's taking it on a gig tomorrow, setting it up side of stage, and mixing from the iPad while sitting on the beach. I drew the short straw and will be doing the lighting gig on the old toys, but I'll let you know how it worked out for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back