Source Four Mini LED DMX Dimming

robmerow

Is there any sort of "sidecar" style dimmer that can be mounted to the S4Mini LED yoke with dmx connectors?

I'm designing a system for a room small enough that the S4M is the way to go, but would like to only put AC in the grid, and not phase dimmed circuits.

If not, any other mini LED leko suggestions with DMX terminals on board?

Thanks!

You could test an Entertainment Technology BakPak dimmer. I don't think they are made any more, but available on Ebay and I've got several if you want to PM me.
BP1.jpg BP2.jpg

You would need the yoke-mount kit which was optional, but made for a full-size fixture yoke.

If a full sized S4 is an option, either the Source 4WRD retrofit LED or Source 4 LED would work.

EDIT: Sorry, read that as Source 4 Jr, which wouldn't be unreasonable to replace with the full sized body. Disregard what I have said above...

Yes I briefly considered the Irideons and even have a sample here with the clamp. They're great - but it is my understanding that the DMX is only phoenix-style hardwire terminals only - No XLR. Is that the case?

Would seem that my research was insufficient. Just found this on ETC manual. Looks like the Irideon is the way to go. This thing is what the S4 Junior should've been!

"Connect RJ45 data cables to the top of the driver box, one for data in and one for data thru (in either position), as needed.
• To order RJ45-to-female XLR adapter, use part number W6538.
• To order RJ45-to-male XLR adapter, use part number W6539. "

The Irideon FPZ features look great, but has anyone used it in a TV studio? I am wondering about flicker, especially when dimmed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back