Automated Fixtures Spot Vs Q Spot

Goph704

So, I've been doing some research on Varilite recently, and I have what should be a rather easy question. What is the difference between the The Varilite 3000 Spot, and The Varilite 3000 Q spot. Is just a letter, or does one make a better type OJ in the morning and the other one doesn't? is this the same difference as the wash and the Q wash? Moreover, is the difference the same as the Elation Spot 250 and the Elation Q Spot 250? I used to work a little with elation but I was never really clear on what the differences were.
-Goph

In the world of Vari*Lite, the Q (as in VL3000Q Spot or VL3000Q Wash) means that the unit is quieter than the regular series (VL3000 Spot and VL3000 Wash).

As far as Elation, I don't think that Elation makes any "Q Spot 250". Chauvet did make a fixture under that name but they discontinued it in favor of the Intimidator Spot 250 and Q Spot 300.

I believe the Q=quite. It’s the same fixture but with different cooling methods for more silent operation, such may be useful for theatres or TV studios.

Ahh, thank You. And Your right i was mixing up the Chavet Q spot 250 with the Elation design spot. Sorry about that. Thank you

-Goph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back