Stage Lighting Fire FX/Effects

NickVon

So I've done some research over the last couple of days and have come up with close to nada.

Initially i came across Game Film FX which seemed like a winner. Until the rental cost of the units became just half the cost of the budget. The purchasing of the "Fire" Film FX strips being close more then 400$ and being considered expendables by the rental houses. 600 dollars for x5, @ a 1 week rental plus the cost of Film FX we can't use again seemed bonkers.

So then i started thinking GAM twinspins. Gobos we could use again in standard gobo holders. Maybe they are more reasonably priced for rental as well? I realize we'd bee need 2 gobos each (10 total.)

Does anyone have any gobo combinations for twins spins that are passable for "fire"/"armageddon" on stage.

Any suggestions that may be passable that would be cheaper.

Looking for an effect solution under 250$

We ended up renting the Apollo "smart move" DMX from our local rental house as we got a better deal on them then the GAM equivalent. The Effect worked great for our purposes. I used the top most effect in the link. In Hindsight, i might go with something a little more open patternwise for the rotational one. Or if budget permitted the 3 gobo solution for a front facing fire effect, as with only rotational you got more "swirling flames" rather then crackling. First link could work excellent as a back light fire effect or a Top down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back