Control/Dimming Strand 300/500 entering values for 16-bit pan/tilt

VCTMike

Is there a method to manually enter the second byte of a 16-bit pan or tilt on a fixture from the console command line? We're having trouble using the trackball to select the proper location for some movers and can't determine the proper way to enter the lower byte (x3 or x4 attributes). I do not see any reference in the manuals (operating or Tracker).

After 8 years on Eos I'm finding it hard to remember. Have you found the DMX softkey (I don't think I'm missing remember), can you not enter a 16 bit value, X.3 {DMX} XYZXY?

What maybe more helpful, is you can place Pan & Tilt on the encoders. If you have the manual you look for the ATC pages, you can change a page to include pan and tile.
The first three values on each page are, Intensity Wheel, Trackball X, Trackball Y, Encoder 1, Encoder 2, Encoder 3, Encoder 4.
So if you make one page 1, 3, 4, 3, 4, a, b. You'll have intensity, plan and tilt on the trackball and pan and tilt on the top 2 encoders, a & b can be any other values.

Hope some of this helps, you could also on the UK forum Blueroom.org and you may fine some people still with a Strand or people with a better memory!

Like Simmons suggested go to the ATC page and change the encoders to be pan and tilt. I went from an ion to a 520i to a ion. So I hated the track ball as well.

I think its like an advanced soft key and the ATC pages and you have to scroll down like half way. I literally just threw away the paper I wrote a bunch of these notes down on. I will see if I still have it saved somewhere else.

In fact, the values are displayed as 16 bit values so you should be able to type it in.
Ch.3 @ 65535, would give you full pan. Ch.(point)3 32768 would give you half pan. Use point 4 for tilt.

Just checking the fixture library is setup correctly for 16 bit?

I tried to enter a value larger that 255 and it would not accept it. The fixture library appears to be correct and it is patched using the fixture in the library. The only thing to check is whether the units are in 16-bit or 16-bit Extended which I could see can certainly cause problems. I'm going to see if there are some written notes somewhere on the install as that is going to be nearly impossible to verify as the Martins are mounted on the 1st cove with no physical access with out scaffolding or Genie - don't get me started on the mental midget that planned this install out (who the hell designs hang points for 48+fixtures with no access without providing at least a Genie lift or winches)...There used to be a catwalk but during 'upgrades' it was removed.

I'm really beginning to wonder if these fixtures are installed/programmed/patched correctly after looking over some more facility 'documentation'. I'm only seeing 13 addresses allocated for the Martin 250 Entours and the Martin documentation indicates it needs 15 or 18 addresses.....<argggh>

Appreciate the assistance and sounding board everyone. I'll update as we verify some more later tonight and over the weekend.....

Really you should just be able to type "CH.(#).3*" or "CH.(#).4*" and use the scroll wheel to adjust pan and tilt, in that order I believe.

But to put pan and til on encoders it's "{MORE} (NOTES DISP) (LOAD FILE) (ATC PAGE)" in this page 51 thru 56 are soft key pages that change the encoders. I forget what comes stock but find one that makes sense to have pan and tilt on it or you'll have to rename a page to focus or something. It'll look like this.

[56][FOCUS]
1, 3, 4, 12, 13, 14, 15

(With spaces between the numbers that were deleted in the post but you can see if you quote me.)

At the top of the page it tells you what all the numbers are.
1 is on the wheel.
3 and 4 are on the x and y axis of the track ball
12 thru 15 are on the encoders.

Just remember to hit the save file soft key after you finish.

But to put pan and til on encoders it's "{MORE} (NOTES DISP) (LOAD FILE) (ATC PAGE)" in this page 51 thru 56 are soft key pages that change the encoders. I forget what comes stock but find one that makes sense to have pan and tilt on it or you'll have to rename a page to focus or something. It'll look like this.

[56][FOCUS]
1, 3, 4, 12, 13, 14, 15

(With spaces between the numbers that were deleted in the post but you can see if you quote me.)

At the top of the page it tells you what all the numbers are.
1 is on the wheel.
3 and 4 are on the x and y axis of the track ball
12 thru 15 are on the encoders.

Just remember to hit the save file soft key after you finish.

I'm using the 300 board at the school so no encoders.... :(

Really you should just be able to type "CH.(#).3*" or "CH.(#).4*" and use the scroll wheel to adjust pan and tilt, in that order I believe.

See above, I think there is a patch/installation issue with the addressing/fixture patch of the Martins...I'll know Tuesday when the scaffolding is installed and we can get closer look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back