Strand 300 Series Console

Hey everyone. In about a week I'll be freelancing yet another show with my Strand 300 Console. (Yes, I know I need to upgrade).

Anyway. I've been searching for a way to remotely monitor and control this console... Here's what I found, and the issues with those solutions.

1st: My console does not have a network card... so that is problem #1...

Possible Solutions:

1. ConnectX - Issue is that I cannot find a dongle anywhere/

2. Remote Connect via my computer, but it is only monitoring, not control, on a 300 Console

3. Iraq PDA Control, but I would need to install a wifi upgrade? Some sort of serial key to the console... Where can I find a serial key?

4. Is there a different solution I am missing? (Besides Upgrading to an Ion or something lol)

Thanks Guys!

Hey everyone. In about a week I'll be freelancing yet another show with my Strand 300 Console. (Yes, I know I need to upgrade).

Anyway. I've been searching for a way to remotely monitor and control this console... Here's what I found, and the issues with those solutions.

1st: My console does not have a network card... so that is problem #1...

Possible Solutions:

1. ConnectX - Issue is that I cannot find a dongle anywhere/

2. Remote Connect via my computer, but it is only monitoring, not control, on a 300 Console

3. Iraq PDA Control, but I would need to install a wifi upgrade? Some sort of serial key to the console... Where can I find a serial key?

4. Is there a different solution I am missing? (Besides Upgrading to an Ion or something lol)

Thanks Guys!
You could purchase a network card. I know Scenework in Guelph, Ontario [(519) 837-0583] had at least one. When I had one I wasn't using I donated it to Ron Foley for future considerations.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

I'd get the network card, I happen to know a community theatre with TWO nodes that came from the grand theatre (london, ontario) when they bought their 300 (I may have been involved with that)...

Other than that you can TRY and find a RFU, they exist... The same theatre has one, however the screen is pooched and they actually use it.

The 300 is a pretty good console, it shows its age a little, but really its not THAT old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back