Control/Dimming Strand Console needs to talk to FiberQFX150

scobrakid

Hey there geniuses of lighting systems!!

I am working on a school's Strand console running OS 2.8.6...24 subs, 300channels, macros, effects, events, etc etc.....anybody familiar with it?

Anyhow, I'm trying to send control to a Martin FiberSource QFX150 backdrop (4 units in series). I'm very new to these fixtures and the DMX protocol and I've also never dealt with multiple-channel fixtures on this particular Strand board.

If anybody has an idea of what I can do, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, we're gonna have to rent another console, and we're already over budget.

Thanks!

Programming this should be easy as long as you have a basic understanding of how memory consoles and DMX works. You will have to set an address on the QFX unit. It will either need to be higher than the highest number dimmer you have or it could be 1 if you decide to use the second universe output on the console. Either way, you can go through the trouble of writing a fixture profile or you can just patch the addresses of the QFX unit to the appropriate channels and attributes. Information on all of this can be found in the links provided. If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Re: Strand Console PROBLEM SOLVED!!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

The Strand 500 OS is very customizeable and you can set any channel range for your DMX 1 & 2 universes. After scratching my head, I realized that the drape finally lit up and did stuff after I ran my first 20 or so channels. I thought, no, that can't be, they are separate universes. Puzzled, I went back to my DMX setup screen, and sure enough, the DMX values had defaulted back to 1-512 for both. I set my DMX2 value to 513-1024 and we are happy campers. This show is gonna be killer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back