Strand Patt 73 and Century 1577 info.

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
So I have this Century 8" Radial Leko that I’m currently working on, I think it’s a 1577, though I’m not totally sure... under a lighted magnifying glass on the fixture label, that’s what I think it is. Possible, but I don’t find reference to such a fixture.

Some past hire left it behind after he left the company. It’s been abandoned for over a year now thus I’m using this I think Century #1577 (this by way of lighted magnifying glass in what I think it is) it’s going out on a show amongst a few other selected antique fixtures.

Of this Century #1577 8" Leko fixture, what is it as far as 8x? size? When did it get developed?

Beyond that I have this Strand Patt #73 I was working on today which astounded me... someone in selling a complete fixture screwed on some lamp base/reflector slide mount from a say 1950's era 6" Fresnel to the mount for the fixture. Looked good and antique - just because the bench focus was like 3" off... looked good in being bought. The owner of the company bought or was given the fixture... I will have been more suspicious.

What year did the #73 come out and what’s the proper lamp for it? I don’t find that info anywhere in my notes, and the Strand Archive on this specific fixture don’t work. I got nothing other than what was sent with the fixture given it’s seat height is like 3" higher than the fixture center... not the correct base of refletor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back