Automated Fixtures Studio Color 575 Color Mixing Issue

Hey, we just rented two studio color 575 fixtures for an upcoming show. After I hung them and properly addressed them, I went to our board and just tested them out. (we have Hog 3PC) I wanted to test some of the effects on them so I selected Rainbow (which would cycle through all the colors) and put them at a rate around 2.5 BPM. My question is that when they are doing the effect, it sounds like there is something grinding inside of the unit and it is very loud. Is this normal, something that could be fixed in house, or do we have to get a replacement unit from the rental house?

Thanks

Your first phone call is to the rental house. They probably will not even try to talk you through how to fix them. They'll likely just do a 1:1 swap and examine the damaged goods back at their shop.

That being said,
If the fixtures are not losing their color position, they may be working ok.
Studio Color 575 can be pretty noisy, especially when they get older.

They might very well be working fine. You can hear ours change colors clearly from a few feet away. I imagine a rainbow effect would make quite a racket. I'd probably call the rental house anyway to see if they want to do anything about it.

Hey, we just rented two studio color 575 fixtures for an upcoming show. After I hung them and properly addressed them, I went to our board and just tested them out. (we have Hog 3PC) I wanted to test some of the effects on them so I selected Rainbow (which would cycle through all the colors) and put them at a rate around 2.5 BPM. My question is that when they are doing the effect, it sounds like there is something grinding inside of the unit and it is very loud. Is this normal, something that could be fixed in house, or do we have to get a replacement unit from the rental house?

Thanks

With Studio Colors...that is COMPLETELY normal. I own 18 of them...it's what they do. Yes, they are silent from a fan standpoint, but get them rolling color or a douser chase...and you'll definitely hear them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back