sub crossover question

so I had a post before about crossovers, i finally got some money, i have 150$ im looking for a crossover to run my subs. it needs to have 1/4 jacks or rca connections. also, do i want a 2 way or 3 way? i have my two cerwinvegea subs and 4 yamaha speakers, with 2 way i would just run my subs with the low output, but i see with a 3 way setup they have a sub output. thanks guys.

Well it depends on how you plan to use your system for 2 or 3 way. What model Yamaha tops do you have? Are they internally crossed over for mid-high or does it have two inputs, one for high one for mids.

Also if you wish to expand it may be nicer to get a 3 way. In your system you currently have you could go with a 2 way, cross one output over for your lows and the rest be sent to your yamaha tops.

-Evan

If you go on ebay search for ASHLY they make a very good analog crossover that is stereo and 2/3 way the xr2000. These are going for very low prices these days as a lot of folks that used them have moved over to a full DSP system

Typically your crossover would be set for the subs below 100 and then depending on the specs on your yamaha tops you would set the other points

The ashly units can usually be run with 1/4 inch you might see a reduction in the gain but should not be a problem

The ashly units were top of the line years ago, very good units even today especially for the price.

Sharyn

Long term in ability and also resale, you will be better off getting a 3 way stereo Ashly crossover. Remember you can run a 3 way in 2 way mode, so you don't loose anything.and you should be able to do it in your budget
Sharyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back