Swivel Maintenance

MarshallPope

One of our aerial silk swivels (Black Diamond brand) is rotating somewhat jerkily. The instructions say that it can be lubricated, but they don't give any indication what to use. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Marshall

Best bet is to drop them a call -
Contact Us

If you have questions about a Black Diamond Equipment product, or wish to talk with a Customer Service Representative before placing your order, get in touch:
Call: (800) 775-5552
Call: (801) 278 5533
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm, Mountain Time

One of our aerial silk swivels (Black Diamond brand) is rotating somewhat jerkily. The instructions say that it can be lubricated, but they don't give any indication what to use. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Marshall

Marshall, keep in mind that this may not be only a matter of lube. Depending on use, this may be actual wear on the bearing, etc...
I imagine you already thought of this, but some days I just get all redundant around here.

We use similar gear, don't think we ever lube the swivels. If the rotation is jerky we either completely take the swivel out of use or mark it and use it in light weigh, low risk situations only. If it turns into something you need to replace I might look into Rock Exotica gear. It's similar in price and breaking strength, but they have a lot more options for size and shape and they actually list a recommended working load which can make you feel better when you're doing your load calculations. Plus they're all black.

I'll contact the manufacturer once I get a chance. It's only about a month old, under light use. I actually had a spare Rock Exotica swivel that I've switched it out with, at least until I get a chance to take a closer look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back