TD Position at Western Reserve

JChenault

Apologies if this is not the right forum - my old school sent this email out, thought someone might be interested.

Technical Theater Director and Designer Opportunity
Western Reserve Academy
Hudson, Ohio

Western Reserve Academy is seeking an experienced technical director who will assume the responsibilities for the technical operations of the Knight Fine Arts Center, including lighting, sound, set design and construction, and coordinating necessary maintenance.
The ideal candidate possesses most or all of the following qualifications:
• Experience with set design, construction and lighting
• Degree in related field
• Electrical Certification and Overhead Rigging Certification, preferred
• Ability to teach a course in Drama/Theater Technology and/or Design
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Capable of working well with a group and independently
• Flexibility with work hours near production time
• Basic computer proficiency

Duties & Responsibilities
• Create designs and set construction for three theater productions: one musical, two dramatic
• Lighting and coordination for two dance performances
• Support and sound for several instrumental and choir concerts
• Maintenance of inventory
• Manage budget for materials and physical plant needs
• Position may include participation in other areas of boarding school life

To Apply Send letter of interest and résumé/CV via e-mail attachment to [email protected]
Or you may mail materials to: Kate Mueller, Dean of Faculty, Western Reserve Academy, 115 College Street, Hudson, Ohio 44236

Am I to take Electrical and Overhead Rigging certs to mean ETCP or do they want a Licensed Electrician and I dont even know what you have in terms of Rigging...

Am I to take Electrical and Overhead Rigging certs to mean ETCP or do they want a Licensed Electrician and I dont even know what you have in terms of Rigging...
If they want both then they are going to be paying a pretty penny. Those people have a very strong skill set and most are working large shows if not owning their own companies.

If they want both then they are going to be paying a pretty penny. Those people have a very strong skill set and most are working large shows if not owning their own companies.

Yeah, it sounds like they want someone who can mix sound a mic an orchestra, but also be able to build a set, plus have rigging and LX certs, plus probably have teaching experience, you probably would be looking at someone who had been a TD at a large university, maybe? To do all those well, this guy is going to be costing a TON of coin...

Yeah, it sounds like they want someone who can mix sound a mic an orchestra, but also be able to build a set, plus have rigging and LX certs, plus probably have teaching experience, you probably would be looking at someone who had been a TD at a large university, maybe? To do all those well, this guy is going to be costing a TON of coin...

They have it. This is a university that produces some of the best engineers and scientists in the world. Also, its a full time job, with benefits, retirement, and that you don't have to travel. Whoever they get is walking into a pretty good gig.

...... Something involving tapatalk.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back