Control/Dimming Teatronics Genesis II 1224 Over-temperature Alarm

jonliles

Fight Leukemia
I am hoping [user]Teatronics[/user] catches this thread.

I have a older Teatronics/Comstar Genesis II 1224 Dimmer pack that is now giving me an erroneous over-temp alarm indication. The control board is the MUX only model (at least I did not notice any DMX annotation on the card last night). The board has Screen printed on it the following information:

GENESIS II MAIN BOARD
C60-01 REV B

Now, I will admit the rack needed a good old fashion de-dusting. However, that has not resolved my issue. As long as the alarm is in, I do not have controls of the affected channels, and I do not see any other obvious way of resetting/clearing alarm aside from powering down and restarting after a cool down period.

I did download the manual, which sadly, references a more recent revision of the control card. Perusing the Troubleshooting section, it led me down this path.

Indications: All phase yellow power indicators are lit (and I confirm fuses in non-blown condition). The Yellow (manual says red) Overtemp indicator is On.

Cause: Ambient Airtemp is over 55C - which I would believe if the rack had been on for more than 3 minutes and the ambient inside the electrical room was more than 65F.

Solution: Check for air flow restriction. Thermostat may be defective. Airpax part # 66L055

Ok, so I have cleaned it. The fans are working and they move air. It's been de-dusted. So, has anyone replaced this Temp Sensor? I suspect that because of the age of my unit, the sensor part number is probably wrong.

Also, does anyone have a schematic for this older revision of the control card?

Does anyone have a source of repair/repair suggestions or replacement parts and an idea of cost? I've not found anything on the 'net.

I can take and provide photos as necessary. I can be reached via PM or the email address in my signature block.

Thanks, Gang, and my apologies on the long post. At least my CD-80s are going strong.

The most common sensor is a little bi-metal snap button in a little black round case with two spade lugs on it. Don't know off hand if the one used is normally closed or normally open. Usually, the temperature is stamped on it somewhere. Since they are a mechanical device, they do go flaky. They are fairly generic. Key information is NO or NC, and the temperature rating.

They are often mounted near the SSR.

Good Morning Jon

Teatronics is still in business. They are in California.
They can do the repair work or get you the parts / info you need.

Home*-*www.teatronics.com
style="width: 100.0%"
|-
| style="width: 100.0%" |
|-
| style="width: 100.0%" | Teatronics Lighting Controls
|-

|-
| style="width: 100.0%" | Sales & Information
|-
| style="width: 100.0%" |
|-
|
|-
| rowspan="6" style="width: 40px; height: 31px" |
proxy.php

| style="height: 31px" |
|-
| P.O. Box 508
|
|-
| Santa Margarita
|
|-
| California
|
|-
| US
|
|-
|
|-
|-
| style="width: 40px" |
proxy.php

|-
| style="width: 40px" |
proxy.php

|-

|-

|-

Last edited:
Good Morning Jon

Teatronics is still in business. They are in California.
They can do the repair work or get you the parts / info you need.

Home*-*www.teatronics.com

Thanks, I have emailed them through their web site. Unfortunately, my day job precludes me from being able to talk to them during normal business hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back